Chef Suzy Sing, a MasterChef Season 2 Finalist, joined us on Good Day Chicago to share some healthy Super Bowl snack recipes.
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Milled Chia Seed
- 1 ½ cups Tri-Color Quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup acorn squash, steamed
- ½ cup onion, minced
- ½ cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp serrano pepper, minced
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Rice Bran Oil
1) In a small bowl, combine water with Milled Chia Seed until paste has formed and set aside.
2) In large bowl, combine cooked Tri-Color Quinoa, squash, onion, Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour, serrano pepper, tarragon, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp rice bran oil.
3) Add chia mixture until fully incorporated.
4) Oil hands with ½ tbsp of rice bran oil, and form slider mixture into ¼ cup patties.
5) In a large sauté pan, place remaining ½ tbsp rice bran oil over medium heat.
6) Sauté quinoa sliders for 4 minutes, until browned.
7) Flip quinoa sliders and sauté on side 2, for 3 minutes.
8) Serve warm on mini pretzel buns with fresh spinach and Avocado Puree (recipe follows).
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Light Agave Nectar
- 3 Tbsp Water
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
1) Place all ingredients in blender.
2) Pulse for 1 minute or until you have a creamy consistency.
3) Serve cold and enjoy!