For those looking for a cozy, neighborhood spot to celebrate Valentine's Day this year, Ceres' Table has the recipe for romance. Chef Giuseppe Scurato joined us on FOX 32 News at Noon to show us how to make his delicious Maine Lobster Ravioli.
Maine Lobster Ravioli
- 1 pound lobster meat
- 1 cup of cooked leeks
- 1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pasta Dough
- 2 cups of AP flour
- 2 cups of "00" flour
- 4 eggs
- Mound the flour in the center of a large wooden board.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the eggs.
- Using a fork, beat the eggs together and then begin to incorporate the flour; starting with the inner rim of the well.
- As you expand the well, keep pushing the flour up to retain the well shape (do not worry if it looks messy).
- When half of the flour is incorporated, the dough will begin to come together.
- Start kneading the dough, using primarily the palms of your hands.
- Once the dough is a cohesive mass, set the dough aside and scrape up and discard any dried bits of dough.
- Continue kneading for 10 minutes, dusting the board with additional flour as necessary. The dough should be elastic and a little sticky.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature before using.
- For the filling, mix ingredients listed together in a mixing bowl.