Chef John Hogan of River Roast joined us on FOX 32 News at Noon Thursday to show us how to make a romantic breakfast for your loved on this Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day Soft Scrambled Eggs & Caviar
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ oz. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Salt, white pepper and LOVE
- 4 slices brioche or rye (toasted)
- 2 oz. of your favorite caviar
- 1 tbsp. minced chives
- 1 bottle of your favorite Champagne
- Heat water in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Beat eggs and cream vigorously for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Place another bowl over simmering water and add 1 tbsp. of butter and melt.
- Put in beaten eggs and cook very slowly (let the eggs start to set while moving them gently in the bowl to create shards.
- When the eggs are almost to desired doneness, add remaining butter, salt, pepper, chives and LOVE.
- Put eggs on toast, spoon on caviar and toast to your loved one with a glass of Champagne.