Max and Eli Sussman joined us on GDC to show us a classic twist on Franks and Beans.
Frank ‘n' Beans
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) fresh chorizo, crumbled into 1/2-inch (12-mm) pieces
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly julienned
- 1 bunch curly kale, stems and tough central spines removed and leaves torn into 2-inch (5-cm) pieces (about 6 cups/200 g)
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup (3 fl oz/80 ml) chicken stock
- 1 can (15 oz/470 g) Great Northern beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo, jalapeño, garlic, and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion caramelizes and the chorizo is almost cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the kale, a pinch of salt, and the stock, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and lemon juice and heat, stirring occasionally, until warmed through. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Spoon into individual bowls and serve right away.