Trucking Company seeks a Freight Consolidation DISPATCHER to manage the execution, direction and coordination of all transportation matters. Full time position. We are a drug free work place.
MUST HAVE GOOD EXPERIENCE as Freight Consolidation DISPATCHER - PLEASE don't waste yours and our time!! All qualified applicants should send resume with work references.
$1,500 - $2,500 and more per week - depending on your performance
- Soliciting new shippers to gain direct freight & consolidation/building trailers!
- Building T/L full loads into one trailer for each driver.
- Check factoring & credit history to ensure a payment
- Completing carrier/brokers contracts
- Pre-planning your assigned drivers
- Providing driver updates to the customers & brokers hourly.
- Communicate clearly, orally and in writing, with Brokers/Drivers/Customers
- Coordinate and monitor shipment logistics
- Coordinate and monitor drivers.
- Work closely with all team members in a cooperative manner
- Monitor and record Driver's information for payroll purposes
- Maintain compliance with Brokers/Customers
- Involve other Dispatchers and Management in planning process to trouble shoot
- Handle research on missing BOLs with Brokers/Customers and Drivers
- Monitor Trailer tracking system
- Data Entry and reporting of all move information accurately
- Status update daily with all assigned drivers/customers
- Develop any solution necessary to solve Brokers/Customers and Drivers issues
- Job assessment to determine ability to complete job on time
- Communicate any maintenance issues directly with the Equipment Department
- Communicate with Drivers, Brokers/Customers any shipment issues and concerns
-Monitor Driver's time to get home
- Build and maintain Brokers/Customers base through calls, postings, emails, booking freight, negotiating rates
- Coordinate daily dispatch - pick-ups, deliveries, appointments, directions
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of backhaul markets and pricing
- Organized, detail-oriented and highly self-motivated
- Friendly with great customer service skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone, email and and text messaging
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Have great broker references that they have worked with
- MUST have VERY GOOD experience as a Freight Consolidation DISPATCHER
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Able to multi-task and effectively handle competing priorities
- Able to complete tasks and resolve problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Able to take direction and learn new things.
- Willing to ask questions.
- Enthusiastic and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of rates and ability to plan trips from the beginning to the end
- Basic computer skills: Excel, Adobe, PC Miler, Google maps, etc.
- Must know load-boards - 3sixty and Truckstop
- Good communication skills, ability to build relationships with Brokers/Customers and Drivers.
-Ability to take responsibility and solve problems
-Ability to dispatch 5-8 trucks
- Strong ability to take initiative
- Strong ability to problem solve and plan efficiently
- Willing to work Overtime when needed
- Knowledge of Geography
- Sense of Urgency
- High degree of accuracy
- Understand how to manage time and develop a process to complete tasks
Please call or text Andrew 847-387-9889