DonLevy Laboratories in Crown Point is looking to hire a full time Media Support Technician.
General Function: To assist the media technicians with preparation of culture media for use in microbiological testing.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Daily generate labels for the media being prepared
2) Attach labels to the appropriate lids and apply a piece of sterilizing tape
3) Refill all empty flasks and gallons with the appropriate amount of RO water
4) Refill all empty test tube racks with appropriate sized tubes
5) Label Petri dishes to be used for the day
6) Dispensing of PBS, broths, tubes or bottled agars as necessary
7) Record incoming/received media and chemicals into the inventory control book
8) Put incoming supplies in the appropriate warehouse location after following media receipt procedures
9) Perform routine housekeeping as scheduled
10) Assist in maintaining media stock
11) Additional duties as assigned
Direction Received: Reports to Media Supervisor; daily tasks assigned by Media Technician
Direction Given: Assist in employee orientation and training in all aspects of media support function
Requires high school diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Desirable Traits:
Organizational skills and the ability to "think on your feet"; desire to be a productive team member who exhibits "until the job is done" behavior.
Physical effort usually requires considerable amount of standing on your feet in one spot for hours at a time. Requires heavy lifting, some walking, some element of personal risks. Some exposure to unpleasant elements.
*This position requires working weekends and holidays.*
DonLevy Laboratories is a smoke-free/fragrance-free facility.
If interested, please submit your resume: email@example.com
No phone calls please.