This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
The Merchandise Planner works in collaboration with the Category Management Team to deliver on the business strategy by leading the development and ongoing management of the annual and weekly financial plan, creating the business forecast, and evaluating potential pricing decisions and promotional plans. Manages ongoing financial plans through data-driven recommendations and creation of the demand plan. Works highly collaboratively within a matrix organization to ensure the cross functional team is delivering budgeted P&L results.
• Develops category and/or department financial plans to achieve sales and profit goals. Recommends actions based on historical performance and forecasts comparing various scenarios.
• Partners with the merchant teams to execute and drive key initiatives that impact the business including: demand planning, inventory and exit strategies, assortment decisions, and pricing and promotions decisions.
• Partners with cross functional teams on insights, supply chain and finance to deliver end to end P&L results.
• Performs annual financial planning and weekly forecasting.
• Analyzes sales trends, item level data, pricing and promotional plans, markdowns and budgets to build a demand plan.
• Conducts forecasting in business tools and systems in accordance with planning timelines and cycles.
• Identifies item level opportunities to drive performance while controlling inventory levels by leveraging data and insights.
• Executes reports necessary to drive performance and ensures alignment across category team and cross functional partners.
• Provides post mortem analysis of merchant category to identify trends and recommendations to maximize results.
• Effectively communicates with Category Management teams to influence and drive sound decision making.
• Drives the business forward through data-driven recommendations and proactive evaluations.
• Details and documents forecasted financial impact (P&L and Balance Sheet) of key business decisions.
• Champions weekly meetings with category managers and key support teams to manage category performance.
• Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in Retail, Merchandising demand planning, inventory management, allocation, analytics, finance or replenishment, OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in Merchandising, Marketing, Store Operations, Retail Consulting or Retail Communications.
• Retail industry and merchandising knowledge.
• Experience partnering with cross-functional teams.
• Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and recommends solutions, superior critical thinking skills, and strong communication and presentation skills.
• Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
• Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
• Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
• Demand Tec (System based tool)
TO APPLY, CONTACT: email@example.com
OR visit website.