Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, Branchfire builds software to enhance productivity and communication.
More than one million people around the world -- from students and teachers to top Wall Street investors, lawyers and Hollywood screenwriters -- use our technology to empower their work.
We are seeking a Startup Generalist for our office located in the The Loop. Our ideal candidate is a Jack/Jill-of-all-trades who can help organize our busy schedules, write/design emails, presentations and more, help maintain our web properties, and take on a bunch of extra tasks. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing technology company, with plenty of chances for professional development.
We envision this role as encompassing the duties of an Office Manager, but with extra responsibilities around staying in touch with partners, helping maintain internal systems and more. Here are some example responsibilities:
* Post jobs, screen candidates, arrange interviews and conduct follow-up with candidates
* Arrange in-office visits and handle inbound phone calls
* Correspond with our facilities, keep the fridge and office supplies stocked and generally help us stay organized
* Help our executives and other key team members keep their calendars organized, arranging conference calls or travel when appropriate
* Manage a variety of small but time-sensitive tasks, from keeping our website updated to conducting lite testing and customer support for our software
* Coordinate with users for customer interviews and usability studies
* Compose highly polished emails, presentations, surveys and more
These qualifications are required:
* A college degree or equivalent professional experience
* Amazing written and verbal communication skills are essential - you'll be writing and calling customers, vendors and partners on an everyday basis
* Great web and computing skills - a little HTML would be especially helpful
* Demonstrated experience managing time-sensitive projects, for work or for school
* A "roll up your sleeves" attitude with the ability to learn new skills on the fly
If interested please submit resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for this position: firstname.lastname@example.org
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
employment type: full-time