- 1 quart chicken broth
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1 leek, white cut 1/4 in think, greens rough chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped to 1/4 in pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- salt and pepper to your liking
- Place leftover chicken (bones and all!) in a pot and cover with chicken broth and water.
- Add the chopped leek greens and garlic and bring to a simmer
- Skim off any foam or fat that rises to the top
- Cook the chicken on low simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, or until chicken is tender
- Remove the chicken and discard the bones
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the white part of the leek, the carrots and celery
- Cover with the strained stock
- Simmer about 25 minutes or until the veggies are tender
Add rice or noodles and enjoy!