CHICAGO (SUN TIMES MEDIA WIRE) - Police are warning residents of a recent string of armed robberies in the Lincoln Park neighborhood on the North Side.
In five incidents, the robbers walked up to a victim on the street, showed a handgun and stole their property, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The robberies happened:
- about 5 p.m. July 24 in the 1200 block of West Belden;
- about 7 a.m. July 27 in the 1700 block of North Cleveland;
- about 10:30 p.m. July 28 in the 1600 block of North Burling;
- about 5 a.m. July 30 in the 1900 block of North Clybourn; and
- about 12 a.m. July 30 in the 2000 block of North Dayton.
The two suspects are described as a 20-to-23-year-old black men, between 140 and 150 pounds, standing between 5-feet-8 and 5-feet-10, police said. One man has a short hairstyle and a medium complexion, while the other has a medium hairstyle and a dark brown complexion.
Anyone with information on the robberies is asked to contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382.