CHICAGO (SUN TIMES MEDIA WIRE) - Police are warning South Side residents of several violent robberies in the Roseland and Chatham neighborhoods.
Between one and three suspects either pull out firearms and demand property from the victims, or use force to take property without a weapon, according to the community alert from Area South detectives.
The robberies happened:
- at 6:20 p.m. July 26 in the 8800 block of South King Drive;
- at 10:40 p.m. Aug. 2 in the 300 block of East 93rd Street;
- at 11:55 p.m. Aug. 3 in the 800 block of East 95th Street;
- at 3:55 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 9200 block of South Cottage Grove;
- at 11:04 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 700 block of East 95th Street;
- at 1:01 a.m. Aug. 7 in the 800 block of East 95th Street; and
- at 4 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 8900 block of South King Drive.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.