CHICAGO (SUN TIMES MEDIA WIRE) - Police are warning Northwest Side residents of six burglaries this month in the Portage Park and Dunning neighborhoods.
The burglars break into apartments and houses through doors or windows, and take electronics, jewelry, cash and other items, according to a community alert from Area North detectives.
The burglaries happened:
- between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Oct. 10 in the 3200 block of North Narragansett;
- between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 6000 block of West Byron;
- between 8:45 p.m. Oct. 12 and 7:30 a.m. Oct. 13 in the 6300 block of West School;
- between 11:45 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 5800 block of West Waveland;
- between 5 p.m. Oct. 12 and 5:40 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 5700 block of West Addison; and
- between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Oct. 18 in the 5700 block of West School.
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at (312) 744-8263.