(SUN TIMES MEDIA WIRE) - A man who robbed a Midlothian bank Friday morning is suspected of robbing at least four other south suburban banks in the last three months.
The most recent robbery happened at 10:18 a.m. in the BMO Harris bank at 4050 W. 147th St. in Midlothian, according to the FBI.
The suspect is described as a 6-foot-2 to 6-foot-4, 250-pound black man, according to the FBI. During Friday morning’s robbery, he wore black plastic sunglasses and a black sweater.
The same suspect is believed to have committed four other bank robberies:
- at 3 p.m. Aug. 9 at the U.S. Bank branch at 8739 S. Harlem Ave. in Bridgeview;
- at noon Aug. 25 at the BMO Harris branch at 4050 W. 147th St. in Midlothian;
- at 11:03 a.m. Sept. 17 at the U.S. Bank branch at 10270 Central Ave. in Oak Lawn;
- at 11:51 a.m. Oct. 13 at the TCF Bank branch at 9801 S. Cicero Ave. in Oak Lawn.
- He has not shown a weapon during any of the robberies.
Anyone with information about the robber is asked to call the FBI at (312) 421-6700.