3 charged with stabbing homeless man in South Loop

CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) - Three men were charged with stabbing and robbing a homeless man on Monday in the South Loop neighborhood.

Officers responded at 9:10 p.m. to the 300 block of South Michigan Avenue and saw three men battering a 57-year-old man, according to Chicago Police.

The officers broke up the fight and learned the 57-year-old had been stabbed four times and the men also stole his book bag, police said. The 57-year-old was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in serious condition.

Francisco Arroyo, 23, of the 5200 block of South Albany; Julio Chavez, 22, of the 4600 block of North Beacon; and Jerry Teran, 22, of the 2100 block of South May were each charged with felony counts of armed robbery and aggravated battery, police said. Additionally, Teran was charged with resisting a police officer.

All three were expected to appear in bond court Thursday at 2600 S. California.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - includes Advertiser Stories