No bond for third man charged with triple homicide at Fuller Park barbecue

CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) - An 18-year-old man was ordered held without bond Monday in connection with a shooting that killed three people and left two others wounded during a barbecue two months ago in the South Side Fuller Park neighborhood.

Calvan Colbert has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of aggravated battery with great bodily harm, according to Chicago Police. Cook County Judge Donald Panarese Jr. ordered Colbert held without bond Monday.

Anthony Jackson, 20, and 22-year-old Lawrence Brown were previously charged with the attack in October and were also ordered held without bond.

Five people were shot about 12:10 a.m. on Sept. 29 in the 300 block of West 42nd Street when two males opened fire from an alley on about 30 people at a barbecue, police said at the time. The barbecue was commemorating someone who died in a crash years ago.
Ayanna Northern, 22, was shot in the chest and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

Antian Hardmon, 25, of the 7200 block of South Langley, was shot in the head and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 1:05 a.m., authorities said.

Tyrone Spikes, 28, also suffered a gunshot wound to the head and was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he died at 3:35 a.m., authorities said. He lived in the 6300 block of South Ingleside.

Another woman, 24, was shot in the left leg and was taken to Stroger Hospital, and a 36-year-old man was shot in the leg and later walked into Provident Hospital. Both of their conditions were stabilized, police said.

Colbert, of the 5200 block of South Indiana, is next scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - includes Advertiser Stories