Man charged with shooting 15-year-old boy in Englewood

CHICAGO (STMW) - A man charged with shooting a 15-year-old boy last month in the South Side Englewood neighborhood has been ordered held on a $750,000 bond.

Swonn Herron, 23, has been charged with one felony count of attempted murder, according to Chicago Police.

About 9:45 p.m. Dec. 22, the teenage boy was walking in the 5900 block of South Princeton when Herron walked up to him and shot him in the neck and back, police said.

The boy was taken in critical condition to Stroger Hospital, police said at the time.

Herron, of the 5000 block of South May Street, was charged after being identified as the shooter, police said.

On Sunday, he was ordered held at the Cook County Jail on a $750,000 bond, according to the sheriff’s office. He is next scheduled to appear in court Friday.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - includes Advertiser Stories