SUN TIMES MEDIA WIRE - Police are warning residents of a string of residential burglaries in the South Chicago and South Shore neighborhoods.
In each incident, the burglar broke into a home and stole kitchen appliances, hot water tanks, furnaces and other property, according to an alert from Chicago Police.
The burglaries happened:
- about 3 p.m. on March 9 in the 8500 block of South Yates;
- about 5 p.m. on March 12 in the 8500 block of South Marquette;
- about 3:30 p.m. on March 19 in the 8600 block of South Colfax;
- about 8 p.m. on March 19 in the 8700 block of South Marquette;
- about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 8500 block of South Essex.
- about 5:30 p.m. March 23 in the 7700 block of South Yates;
- about 4:30 p.m. March 23 in the 7600 block of South Oglesby
- about 2 p.m. March 26 in the 7900 block of South Ridgeland
Anyone with information about the burglaries should call Area South detectives (312) 747-8273.