SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE - Robberies reported in August and September near the CTA in the Homan Square and West Garfield Park neighborhoods were committed by a group of teenagers, police said.
In the robberies, victims were approached by a group of four males between 10 and 18 years old who struck them and took their property, according to a community alert from Chicago Police. In another robbery, the victims were on the train when they were approached by a group of boys who took their property.
Robberies were reported:
• about 12:45 p.m. Aug. 22 in the 600 block of South Kedzie Avenue;
• about 10:30 p.m. Aug. 22 at 530 S. Kedzie Ave.;
• about 9:30 p.m. Aug. 31 at 530 S. Homan Ave.;
• about 1:40 p.m. Sept. 1 at 532 S. Homan Ave.; and
• at 4:54 p.m. Sept. 3 at 555 S. Pulaski Road.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.