Police are warning South Side residents about a series of robberies reported throughout November in the South Shore neighborhood.
In each of the robberies, a man has approached female victims, typically in the early morning hours, Chicago Police said in a community alert Friday morning. In two of the robberies, he has either implied he was armed or displayed a handgun.
The robberies occurred:
- In the 7800 block of South Luella about 10 p.m. Nov. 3;
- In the 2600 block of East 79th about 1:50 a.m. Nov. 6;
- In the 2600 block of East 79th about 3:45 a.m. Nov. 17;
- In the 2600 block of East 79th about 1:30 p.m. Nov. 20;
- In the 2700 block of East 79th about 3:30 a.m. Nov. 21; and
- In the 7800 block of South Marquette at 8:05 p.m. Nov. 24.
The suspect is described as a 24- to 35-year-old black man between 5-foot-7 and 6-foot-1 weighing 150-170 pounds, police said. His hair was styled in an Afro or short fade.
Anyone with information should call Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.