FOX NEWS - Police in Indiana reported that 11 teenagers became ill and had to be hospitalized after they consumed gummy bears reportedly laced with THC, a substance associated with and found in marijuana.
La Porte County Police said they are investigating the incident after they received a call asking for medical assistance, according to WNDU. When police arrived at the home, they found a 19 year-old man outside the residence.
“The male told Deputy Phillips that he had ingested an unknown type drug and was ill and wanted to go to the emergency room,” a press release from the La Porte County Sheriff’s Office stated.
The young man said his friends, who were at a house nearby, also consumed the drug.
Police were able to locate the home where they discovered the other male and female teenagers, aged between 18 to 19-years-old.
“All complained of rapid heart rate, pain in their legs and blurred vision; several were suffering from hallucinations,” police said.
Police were able to determine that the gummy bears were in fact laced with THC, also known as tetrahydrocannabinol, a substance found in marijuana.