Toddler suffers second-degree burns from pacifier clip, mom claims

- An Ohio mother was horrified to find second-degree burns on her toddler's body after she fell asleep with a pacifier clip stuck to her skin. Ashley Bilek claims doctors said her daughter Madelynn’s body heat was enough to cause the clip to stick to her during a nap this past July, Cleveland 19 reported.

“When I picked her up she screamed and grabbed her side,” Bilek told the news outlet. “I lifted up her shirt and saw that she had this perfect circular wound on her. I didn’t know what it was.”

Bilek said she rushed Madelynn to Hillcrest Hospital were doctors reportedly diagnosed her with a second-degree burn.

“The doctor looked at it and said, ‘That’s a burn,’” Bilek told the news outlet. “I was like, ‘I didn’t burn her!’ I showed her the clip and she said, ‘Yeah, that’s identical. It must have gotten too hot.’”

Bilek has since filed a complaint about JJ Cole Pacifier Clip with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and wants other parents to be aware of potential dangers.

“I would never use one again seeing what could happen,” she told Cleveland 19. “It might never happen again. I would never take a chance knowing what it did, and I don’t’ think anyone else should either.”

FULL STORY AT FOXNEWS.COM

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - includes Advertiser Stories