SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE - Two people were taken to the hospital Thursday afternoon when someone using sulfuric acid to clean pipes caused a hazardous materials incident in the Jefferson Park neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
Firefighters responded to hazmat situation in the 5500 block of North Parkside, according to the Chicago Fire Department.
One man was in fair-to-serious condition, while a woman was in good condition, fire officials said. They were both taken to Presence Resurrection Medical Center.
The materials were cleaned up by 5:27 p.m., fire officials said.