Two women found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in Plainfield

SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE - Two women and three pets were found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning Monday inside a southwest suburban home, and five of the officers involved were also overcome.

Police responded to the 12700 block of Shelly Lane Monday in Plainfield for a welfare check on a residence, Plainfield police said.

When officers arrived, they found a 65-year-old woman and 29-year-old woman dead, police said. Preliminary information indicates the women died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Three animals were also found dead inside the home, police said. During the incident, five officers were transported to Rush Copley Hospital in Aurora to be treated for exposure to carbon monoxide.

The investigation is currently ongoing.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - includes Advertiser Stories