8 taken to hospitals after carbon monoxide leak in Evanston

EVANSTON (Sun-Times Media Wire) - Eight people were taken to hospitals after a carbon monoxide leak was detected Monday morning in north suburban Evanston.

Crews responded to a carbon monoxide alarm at 7:18 a.m. in a two-flat home in the 1400 block of Pitner Avenue, according to the Evanston Fire Department.

Eight residents were taken to St. Francis and Evanston hospitals for evaluation, according to the fire department. All their conditions were stabilized.

Carbon monoxide levels of 200 parts per million were detected in the home, according to the fire department.

The cause of the leak remains under investigation.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - includes Advertiser Stories