BATAVIA (STMW) - Holy Cross Catholic School in west suburban Batavia was evacuated Monday morning after smoke was reported inside the building, but no injuries were reported.
Employees in the lower level of the school in the 2300 block of Main Street saw smoke and called 911 at 9:55 a.m., according to a statement from the Batavia Fire Department.
The school, which serves students from preschool through 8th grade, was evacuated, according to the statement.
Fire crews found an overheated motor on a large HVAC system that was causing the smoke, according to the statement. The school was vented and maintenance was called for repairs. The school has since reopened.
No injuries were reported.