Man, 60, injured when propane tank explodes in Soldier Field parking lot

CHICAGO (Fox 32 News) - An explosion and fire outside Soldier Field Saturday sent one man to the hospital.

The explosion happened at a food tent at the 15th annual Autism Speaks Walk just before noon.. The loud "boom" and the subsequent fire sent people running in terror.

"We heard a second explosion and then were told to leave the lawn completely," said Laura Mraz.

Soldier Field Life Safety Director Tim Finnegan said that grease dripped off a cooking device, came into contact with the fire, and escalated from there.

Three people were injured. Two were treated at Soldier Field; one, a 60-year-old man who had been working in the tent, was taken to the hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - includes Advertiser Stories