Hoverboard catches fire, ruins home while charging

(FOX News) - Marty McFly would not approve of this item.

Lafitte, LA resident Jessica Horne and her 12-year-old son were in for a surprise last week when his ‘hoverboard’ caught fire just one day after he received it.

The boards, which are actually two-wheeled self-balancing scooters, are expected to be one of this holiday season’s hottest toys. They currently retail anywhere from $300-$900 and allow users to steer them using their feet. Horne reportedly purchased the board, which contained a rechargeable lithium battery, from Fit Turbo on Amazon.

The trouble started when the scooter was plugged in to charge up. Or more, the sparks started to fly.

Click here to read the full story from FOX News. 

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - includes Advertiser Stories