THE FOX 32 COLLEGE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The FOX 32 College Internship Program is looking for students who are seeking a career in the vast industry of Television Broadcasting.
This program is geared to the students who want to learn the A, B, C's of how a News Station works; from Sales, Community Service, to ultimately getting the News Product on the air.
While students who enter this program should not expect immediate employment with our station, they should gain prerequisite skills for an entry-level position in the broadcasting field.
Things You Need To Know About The FOX 32 College Internship Program:
- Internships are only available to Junior, Senior students.
- Internships are 12 to 16 weeks (one quarter or a semester) and a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- Students must receive and verify college credits for internships from an accredited educational institution.
- Students must choose ONE department (listed below) for which they will serve the term of the internship.
AVAILABLE INTERNSHIPS AT FOX 32:
FOX 32 NEWS:
Students will get the opportunity to see how a Newscast is created for broadcast.
With that in mind, all interested applicants should have a vast knowledge of all current events. The intern should be available for a rotating schedule that will allow them to experience in-house and field tasks, that includes, but is not limited to the, assignment desk, general assignment reporter shadow, and writer/producer shadow. Selected Interns will have the opportunity to be assigned to a particular division within the News Department (i.e, Sports, Investigative, Good Day Chicago, etc.).
Sales/Research/Marketing personnel will explain what rating points are and how they are important to a television station. The intern will work with FOX 32 Account Executives to learn the difference between direct and agency accounts, and the different sales approach for each. The intern will go out on sales calls with account executives to learn proper business procedures as well as business etiquette. The intern will attend commercial shoots and edits and ultimately see the many steps it takes to get a spot on the air.
Students assist in all aspects of this department, and get hands-on experience in writing and production. Opportunities include researching and writing public service announcements, assisting with station-sponsored community initiatives, and working with local community groups. This department works closely with news, producing special stories on issues of community concern. Students may have the opportunity to go out with a videographer on those stories and assist.
CREATIVE SERVICES (includes promotions):
An ideal area for a student interested in advertising, commercial production, public relations, or writing. The student will aid in scheduling promotional materials, assist on commercial/promotional shoots, and write ad copy. Opportunities may include producer responsibilities such as commercial conceptualization, research, supervision of pre-production, editing and post-production tasks.
SUMMER PROGRAM (May - August) March 15
All students wanting to apply for an internship with FOX 32 must:
- Completely fill out and return the Internship Application posted below by the application deadline. Click here to download the Fox 32 Internship Application
- Email a copy of your resume and all other required documents along with our internship application to: WFLD-HR@fox.com
- Mail the completed application and all other required documents (Resume, signed verification of course credit from intern advisor) to: WFLD/WPWR FOX 32 ChicagoATTN: Internship Coordinator205 N. Michigan AveChicago, IL 60605
- WFLD/WPWR FOX 32 ChicagoATTN: Internship Coordinator205 N. Michigan AveChicago, IL 60605
- Fax the completed application to 312-565-3066.
Note: FOX 32 reserves the right NOT to accept any incomplete applications. FOX 32 will NOT contact any applicant if any portion of the application is missing.