Excellent opportunity for a recent grad with strong organizational and administrative skills!
Start your Legal Assistant career with us!
Car Outlet operates several businesses in the Automotive industry including Car Outlet, Full Service Auto Repair, Total Finance and Todo Seguro. For more than a decade, our company has been a leader in auto sales and service throughout the Chicagoland area. Car Outlet is one of the largest auto dealers in the Latino market in Illinois and has begun to expand to other states.
The Legal Assistant works with our in-house Legal team to provide general clerical support and will handle a variety of legal related projects as assigned. Prepare correspondence, maintain records, keep schedules, etc.
* Bachelor's degree required
* 1 -3 years of work experience required
* Exceptional organization skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
* Ability to determine priorities, multi-task and work against deadlines and due dates
* High level of computer competence including proficiency of full Microsoft Office Suite
* Assist General Counsel in all aspects of legal department work, focusing on organization, record keeping and reporting
* Interact closely with Collections and Accounting departments as necessary on matters related to handling of bankruptcy accounts, updating computer files, etc
* Day to day handling of and responding to credit reporting complaints received from TransUnion and other credit overseers
* Management and oversight of outside counsel legal bills and track and report expenses for budgeting purposes
* Assist in court appearances as necessary
* Responsible for tracking of all consumer complaints, and updating of company databases as necessary with pertinent information, as well as preparing reports regarding same
* Responsible for organization of all corporate and real estate matters, including articles, annual reporting and other business record keeping
* Provide support and assistance on contested impound and police seizure matters and will be responsible for preparing necessary paperwork.