EDM Department Inc. is an engineering firm that provides micro manufacturing solutions to the aerospace, defense, interconnect and medical industries. Our implementation of the newest and best electrical discharge machining (EDM) technologies on the market allows us to consistently meet and exceed our customers' needs for tighter tolerances, better finishes and reduced costs.
We are currently looking for an experienced full time wire EDM machinist to program, set-up, operate wire EDM machines to form precision metal parts and components.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with electronic blue prints (.dxf, .esp, .prt)
- Create wire programs and output NC code for components in Esprit CAM
- Setup and/or operate multiple wire EDM machines
- Setup and/or operate CNC and manual EDM drills (hole poppers)
- Measure parts and monitor tolerances throughout production process, troubleshoot and make machine adjustments as necessary
- Understand what a tolerance of 0.0001" means
- Modify and/or write programs directly on the wire EDMs
- Maintain safe working operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Perform required preventive maintenance on the wire EDM machines as needed
- Promote continuous improvement to quality and productivity within department
- Utilize team work approach to achieve satisfactory results and promote a positive "can do" attitude
- 3-5 years programming in Esprit CAM, set-up and operating wire EDM machines
- 5 years working as a Production Machinist/EDM Operator
- Experience with tolerances of 0.0002" (0.005mm)
- Interpret complex blueprints as well as a variety of geometric and trigonometric principles to calculate dimensions and tolerances
- Ability to use inspection equipment is a must
We offer competitive compensation and flexible hours along with benefits of health care, dental and a 401k.
Please email your resume as a PDF file to the email address listed above or call us at 630-736-0531 with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org