CHICAGO (Sun-Times Media Wire) - Police are warning residents to be aware of their surroundings after a string of armed robberies were reported this week in West Town and Garfield Park.
In each case, three to four men came out of a black vehicle, displayed a handgun and demanded someone’s property, according to a community alert from Chicago police.
The robberies happened:
- About 3:05 p.m. June 4 in the 400 block of North Leavitt Street
- About 12:44 a.m. June 5 in the first block of North Bell Avenue
- About 2:40 p.m. June 5 in the 2200 block of West Huron Street
- About 3 p.m. June 5 in the 500 block of North Sacramento Boulevard
- About 3:20 p.m. June 5 in the 600 block of North Wood Street
The men are described by police as 18 to 25 years old.
Anyone with information should contact Area Central detectives at 312-747-8384.