ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Looks like Mario and all of his friends are coming to Universal’s theme parks, including Universal Orlando.
The creative visionaries behind Nintendo's legendary worlds and characters are working together with the creative teams behind Universal's blockbuster theme park attractions. Their goal: to bring the characters, action and adventure of Nintendo video games to life within Universal theme parks. And to do so in new and innovative ways that capture what makes them so special.
All of the adventure, fun and whimsy you experience through a screen will now be all around you - in breathtakingly authentic ways.
· Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
· These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They will be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.
· Guests will feel as if they are playing inside their favorite games - this time in real life.
· There will be something for everyone - regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
· Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.
The new themed areas come as the result of a global partnership between Universal Parks & Resorts and Nintendo – two icons of the entertainment world.
Each Universal theme park will announce details of its specific Nintendo areas. The first such announcement will come soon.