OAKLAND (KTVU) -- The devastating fire at the Ghost Ship warehouse in Oakland's Fruitvale District is responsible for the deaths of over 30 people and several others remained missing as of Monday, Dec. 5.
Several local companies and sports franchises are providing services and donations to help those affected by the tragedy.
>>>>>Anyone looking to find a loved one should call: 510-382-3000.
Here is a list of firms/companies providing service:
- Here's a link to make donations via YouCaring.com.
- Here's a link to make donations via GoFundMe.
- U-Haul of East Bay is offering 30 days of free self stoarage and container usage to victims and families affected by the fire. “This was the deadliest fire in the history of Oakland and we want to support our community in any way possible,” said James Bostwick, president of U-Haul of East Bay. Anyone needing services should contact the U-Haul location at 80000 San Leandro St.; 510-639-9100 or U-Haul of Oakland at 5330 International Blvd; 510-532-1221.
- Be Well is offering free massage and acupunture services on Sunday, Dec. 11 from 10 am-12 pm. The company will have a free chair massage, cranio-sacral, acupunture and qi gong. Call 510-272-9949 for more info.
- Bay Area Cremation and Funeral Services is offering free cremation services for the families of fire victims who want them. Call 925-813-8989 for more info.
- The Oakland Raiders are matching contributions to YouCaring.com, which was started by the Oakland A's, up to $30,000.
- The Golden State Warriors team is donating $ 50,000 to support families affected by the Oakland fire. The money will be donated to the Unity Council in Fruitvale. "When a tragedy of this magnitude hits this close to home, we feel it's imperative to do our small part to help our community and those impacted," said Rick Welts, Warriors President and COO. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their families and friends during this incredibly difficult time."
- Warriors plaers and coaches announced that they will donate $75K to ongoing relief efforts for those impacted by the fire. >>>Video announcement: Click here Warriors players & coaches have pledged to donate $75K to the ongoing relief efforts surrounding the #OaklandFire » https://t.co/gFwXmap2N0 pic.twitter.com/LUMt0QiN4w— GoldenStateWarriors (@warriors) December 7, 2016
- JFK University Community Counseling Centers will provide low or free counseling to those affected by the fire at the Ghost Ship warehouse. The center said cost is based on a sliding scale and no one will be turned away because they can not pay.