Commercial Property Inspector (Insurance Loss Control) - Northern IL/Cook County IL
A leading source of information about risk, ISO provides data, analytics, and decision-support services to professionals in many fields, including insurance, finance, real estate, health services, government, human resources, and risk management. Using advanced technologies to collect, analyze, develop, and deliver information, ISO helps customers evaluate and manage risk.
The company draws on vast expertise in actuarial science, insurance coverages, fire protection, fraud prevention, catastrophe and weather risk, predictive modeling, data management, economic forecasting, social and technological trends, and many other fields.
To meet the needs of diverse clients, ISO employs an experienced staff of business and technical specialists, analysts, and certified professionals. In the United States and around the world, ISO helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets.
For more information, please visit our website www.iso.com.
We offer a competitive salary, a solid benefits package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k), and a company car. ISO is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.
If you are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy working in the field and meeting people, then we have a terrific position for you to conduct commercial property inspections in the Northern IL/Cook County areas.
Your major responsibilities will involve:
* Completing commercial properties surveys
* Scheduling appointments
* Traveling to property sites
* Gathering underwriting information
* Completing the appropriate form via a computer
* Calculating square footage
* Drawing CAD diagrams and taking digital photos
We are looking for individuals who possess some of the following knowledge and skills, and/or experience:
* Knowledge of commercial lines underwriting and loss control concepts
* Prior experience conducting surveys - commercial property, inland marine, construction, commercial automobile, or workers’ compensation
* Ability to observe, examine, measure, inspect, gather data, and describe all aspects of a property/building/business under exposure to various weather conditions (cold, heat, rain, snow, etc.) and with occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds and climbing of stairs and ladders, accessing building roofs, and working in all type of neighborhoods and environments
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel – CAD experience a plus
* Ability to work independently
* Strong work ethic
* Valid driver’s license
The position requires some overnight travel, and you will work from your office at home to complete all work assignments.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE