CHICAGO (FOX 32 NEWS) - March 14, or 3.14, is a special day devoted to the unique numerical value of pi and for food lovers it's another excuse to eat "pie."
And if you're not nerding out with other math aficionados around the world, chances are you're drooling over pies you're going to honor the day with.
Whether you're celebrating the day with savory or sweet pies, we've got you covered with these delicious deals and freebies in the Chicago area, presented by the Illinois Science Council:
- Bang, Bang Pie Shop, 2051 N California Av, Chicago, 773-276-8888, Wednesday 7am-7pm and 4947 N Damen Av, Chicago, 773-530-9020, Wednesday 8am-4pm, BangBangPie.com. Offering 12 kinds of pie for pre-order/pickup, plus in stores will be offering Horchata pie and cookies & cream pie. They'll have custom Pi Day boxes, in-store activities, and everyone buying a slice of pie will get an "I Ate Pie Today" sticker.
- Bennison’s Bakery, 1000 Davis St, Evanston, 847-328-9434, Wednesday 6am-7pm, BennisonsCakes.com. Offering individual 4" pies for $3.14 in apple, strawberry rhubarb, Boston cream and chocolate cream, while supplies last.
- Cafe Selmarie, 4729 N Lincoln Av, Chicago, 773-989-5595, Wednesday 8am-9pm, CaféSelmarie.com. Debut of a brand new pie! Coconut cream with salted pretzel crust, topped with fresh whipped cream and caramel drizzle. Also available whole or by the slice will be apple streusel, cherry streusel, chocolate cream, and peanut butter chocolate priced from $16.50-$24.00 for whole pies and $3.75-$4.50 for slices.
- Cupcake Counter, 229 W Madison St, Chicago, 312-422-0800, Wednesday 7am-6pm, TheCupcakeCounter.com. Serving apple pie cupcakes topped with caramel buttercream for $3.14 (regular $3.50). Red velvet pi also available.
- Delightful Pastries, 5927 W. Lawrence Av., Chicago, 773-427-8837, Wednesday 6am-5pm, DelightfulPastries.com. Offering mini pies for $3.14 in apple, cherry, and pecan bourbon chocolate pie while supplies last.
- First Slice Pie Cafe, FirstSlice.org is offering buy 1 slice, Get 2nd slice ½ off (only slices, not whole or mini pies), on all flavors all day long at all four locations. Ravenswood: 4401 N. Ravenswood, Chicago, 773-506-7380, Wednesday, 8:30am-7:30pm Manor: 4664 N. Manor, Chicago, 773-267-0169, Wednesday, 8:00am-6:30pm Andersonville: 5357 N. Ashland Av., Chicago, 773-275-4297, Wednesday, 10am-9pm Evanston: 1823 Church St, Evanston, 847-859-6620, Wednesday 10am-5p
- Ravenswood: 4401 N. Ravenswood, Chicago, 773-506-7380, Wednesday, 8:30am-7:30pm
- Manor: 4664 N. Manor, Chicago, 773-267-0169, Wednesday, 8:00am-6:30pm
- Andersonville: 5357 N. Ashland Av., Chicago, 773-275-4297, Wednesday, 10am-9pm
- Evanston: 1823 Church St, Evanston, 847-859-6620, Wednesday 10am-5p
- Floriole Bakery 1220 W Webster, Chicago, 773-883-1313, Wednesday 7am-5:30pm, Floriole.com. Offering Boston cream pie made with a vanilla cake, vanilla custard and chocolate ganache for $3.14 per slice.
- Hewn Bread Bakery, 810 Dempster St, Evanston, 847-869-4396, Wednesday 7am-5pm, HewnBread.com. Offering turnovers for Pi Day for $3.14, while supplies last.
- Jarosch Bakery, 35 Arlington Heights Rd, Elk Grove Village, 847-437-1234, Wednesday 6:30am-6:30pm, JaroschBakery.com. Offering 4” fruit pies in Apple, Cherry, Blueberry, Dutch Apple, Cherry crumble and Blueberry crumble. 8″ and 9” fruit pies with pi-shaped vent holes. Also offering 9” whipped cream pies in banana, lemon and fresh strawberry with a chocolate pi symbol on top. While supplies last.
- Jewel Food Bakeries, all stores in Chicagoland, JewelOsco.com. Offering whole apple pies for $3.14 while supplies last. Visit website for locations and hours.
- Shokolad Pastry & Café, 2524 W Chicago Av, Chicago, 773-276-6402, Wednesday 9am-6pm, ShokoladPastryandCafe.com. Offering slices of pie for $3.14 while supplies last.
- Stan's Donuts, 1560 N Damen Av, 773-360-7386; 259 E Erie St 312-255-1130; 535 N Michigan Av, 312-955-3100; and 26 E Roosevelt Rd, 312-834-0700, Chicago, Wednesday, 6:30am - 9pm, StansDonutsChicago.com. Offering Stan’s hand pies with Nutella or apple fillings for $3.14 on Pi Day at all locations.
- Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique, 115 N Wabash Av, Chicago, 312-845-9669, Wednesday, 8am-7pm, SugarBlissCakes.com. Offering cupcakes with a pi topping for $3.14.
- Sugar Bliss Patisserie, 122 S Wabash Av, Chicago, 312-997-5872, Wednesday, 8am-8pm, SugarBlissPatisserie.com. Offering cupcakes with a pi topping for $3.14.
- Sugar Fixé Patisserie, 119 N Marion St, Oak Park, 708-948-7720, Wednesday 8am-6pm, SugarFixe.com. Offering hand pies and Pi-themed decorated cookies on Pi Day.
- Sweety Pies Bakery, 8042 Lincoln Av, Skokie, 847-213-0900, Wednesday 7am-4pm, SweetyPiesBakery.com. Offering four classic pies in store for $3.14 a slice or $3.14 off any large 9" pie. Includes apple pie crisp, double crust apple pie, Crocodile pie, and chocolate cashmere pie. Arrive at 3:14pm for a special treat.
- Swirlz Cupcakes, 705 W Belden Av, Chicago, 773-404-2253, Wednesday, 10am-7pm, SwirlzCupcakesShop.com. Offering “Pi” and “Einstein” cupcakes on sale for $3.14 while supplies last. A special treat at 3:14pm -- a raffle giving away 3 boxes of Einstein & Pi cupcakes.
- Artopolis Chicago, Bakery, Café & Agora, 306 S Halsted St, Chicago, 312-559-9000, Wednesday 8:30am-midnight, ArtopolisChicago.com. Offering their signature menu item called Arto-PI-tas, a savory pie, for only $3.14 (usually $4.50) all day.
- Beggars Pizza, 310 S Clinton St 312-588-0055, Wednesday 11am-10:30pm, BeggarsPizza.com. Offering a discount to Big Cheese Loyalty Club members on Pi Day.
- Big Bricks, 3832 N Lincoln Av, Chicago, 773-525-5022, Wednesday 5pm-11pm, BigBricksChicago.com. Offering buy one large, get one free on Pi Day.
- Blaze Pizzas, check BlazePizza.com for location and hours. Offering individual pizzas for $3.14 each at all locations. Limit one pie per guest. Not valid for app or online orders.
- Boston Market, check BostonMarket.com for location and hours. Offering a special buy 1 pot pie & drink and get a second pot pie free. Requires coupon from website; one coupon per person per visit.
- Brick's Chicago, 1909 N Lincoln Av, Chicago, 312-255-0851, Wednesday 5pm-11pm, Bricks Chicago. Offering 20% off all pizzas on Pi Day.
- Cuzzo's Pasta, Pizza, Panini & More, 330 Madison St, Oak Park, Wednesday 11am-10pm, 708-386-8200, CuzzosOakPark.com. Offering special18” pizza & 10 wings for $24.99 or buy two XL pizzas and get a 10" cheese free on Pi Day.
- Dimo’s Pizza, Six Corners, 1615 N Damen Av, Chicago, 773-525-4580, Wednesday 11am-late; Wrigleyville, 3463 N Clark St, Chicago, 773-525-4580, Wednesday 4pm-late, DimosPizza.com. Offering $3.14 off any 20" pie all day long on Pi Day.
- Gigio's Pizza Chicago, 4643 N Broadway, Chicago, 773-271-227, Wednesday 11am-11:30pm, GigiosPizzaChicago.com Offering discounts on pizzas – small for $9.25; medium $11.80; large $20.90 & free 1 liter soda.
- Gulliver's Pizza and Pub, 2727 W Howard St, Chicago,773-338-2166 Wednesday 11am-10:30pm, GulliversPizza.com. Offering a large single topping pizza for $10 for pickup or delivery on Pi Day.
- Lou Malnati’s Restaurants, See LouMalnatis.com for locations. Offering a chocolate chip cookie pizza “pie” for $3.14 (50% discount) at all 14 Chicagoland full-service restaurants from 11am-close. Must mention the pi day special to server when ordering; dine-in only, not for carryout or delivery.
- Maiden Voyage Cafe (Intergalactic Cafes) 1636 W Montrose Av, Chicago 773-293-7013, Wednesday 6:30am-6:30pm, IntergalacticCafes.com. Offering salted caramel apple hand pies and Nutella strawberry hand pies.
- My Pie Pizza, 2010 N Damen Av, Chicago, 773-394-6900, Wednesday 11am-10pm, MyPiePizza.com. Offering individual thin crust cheese pizza pies for $3.14; each additional ingredient is priced at the 3 digits after 3.14 (that’s $1.59).
- Parker’s American Restaurant,1000 31st St, Downers Grove, 630-960-5700, Wednesday 11:30am-10pm, ParkersAmerican.com. Offering two types of individual 12” pizza (pepperoni/sausage/cheese or mushroom/artichokes/olive) starting at 3:14pm for $3.14 for math students & math teachers; $5.00 for the mathematically challenged. Served in the lounge and dining room on Wednesday & Thursday 3.14-15. Also, E=mc2 Daiquiris for $8.00.
- Piero's Pizza, 335 Ridge Rd, Wilmette, 847-251-5550, Wednesday 10am-10pm, PierosPizza.com. Offering $2 off any large pizza with one topping for Pi Day.
- Satellite Cafe (Intergalactic Cafes) 942 W Montrose Av, Chicago 773-944-0152, Wednesday 6:30am-6:30pm, IntergalacticCafes.com. Offering salted caramel apple hand pies and Nutella strawberry hand pies.
- Veranda Restaurant & Café, 1100 W Thorndale Av, Chicago, 773-784-1550, 7am-10pm, verandagruppo.com. Offering $3.14 off any pizza for dine-in or carry out.