CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - UPS says it plans to hire more than 5,000 workers in the Chicago area for the holiday season and beyond.
The recent openings are a combination of seasonal and permanent jobs. The shipping company is looking for 3,475 package handlers, 1,840 driver helpers and 227 delivery and tractor-trailer drivers at the following locations:
- Addison – 150 S. Lombard Ave. Addison, Ill. 60101
- Bedford Park – 6700 W 73rd St. Bedford Park, Ill. 60638
- Chicago Area Consolidation Hub (CACH) – One UPS Way, Hodgkins, Ill. 60525
- Franklin Park – 2301 N Rose St. Franklin Park, Ill. 60131
- Jefferson Street – 1400 S. Jefferson St. Chicago, Ill. 60607
- Northbrook – 2525 Shermer Road Northbrook, Ill. 60062
- Palatine – 2100 N. Hicks Road Palatine, Ill. 60067
UPS also said in a press release that 35 percent of people who took seasonal package handler jobs in recent years have stayed with company on a permanent basis.
The delivery service says it expects to deliver a record 750 million packages this holiday season.
You can find online applications and more information about the hiring blitz at UPSJobs.com.