CHICAGO (SUN TIMES MEDIA WIRE) - Police are warning residents of five robberies this month in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side.
In each incident, the victims were approached by one or two suspects who stole valuables by using force or holding the victims at gunpoint, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The robberies happened:
• at 10:50 p.m. June 1 in the 7900 block of South Vincennes Avenue;
• at 5:53 p.m. June 5 in the 7900 block of South Wentworth Avenue;
• at 4:30 p.m. June 14 in the 7900 block of South Wentworth Avenue;
• at 1:15 a.m. June 17 in the 100 block of West 79th Street; and
• at 2:07 a.m. June 21 in the 7900 block of South LaSalle Street.
The suspects are described as one to two black men between 30 and 35-years-old, between 5-foot-11 and 6-foot-1, weighing between 160 and 180 pounds with dark complexions, police said. One suspect is described as having short hair, the other dreadlocks.
Anyone with information on the robberies is asked to contact Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.