CHICAGO (SUN TIMES MEDIA WIRE) - Police are warning residents about a series of burglaries targeting seniors across the North Side over the last few weeks.
In each case, suspects told victims they worked for the city and needed to inspect the inside of their homes, police said. Once inside, one would pretend to inspect while the other removed property from the residence.
The suspects used physical force if the victims wouldn’t let them in or attempted to intervene, police said.
The burglaries reported:
- At 2:45 p.m. on Feb. 8 in the 5500 block of West Schubert Avenue
- At 2:55 p.m. on Feb. 21 in the 1700 block of West Thome Avenue
- At 5:45 p.m. on Feb 22. in the 3600 block of North Ravenswood Avenue
- At 5:12 p.m. on March 5 in the 5000 block of North Hamlin Avenue
- At 2:30 p.m. on March 11 in the 1900 block of West Eddy Street
- At 6:40 p.m. on March 11 in the 5500 block of West Wilson Avenue
- At 7:10 p.m. on March 13 in the 4400 block of West Peterson Avenue
The suspects were described as two to four males between the ages of 25 and 60 standing between 5-foot-6 and 6-foot-2.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.