The more than $100,000 giveaway will take place on Saturday at participating locations.
Wilson says he will give each participant $50 in free gas, and a $25 grocery card that must be used on Saturday.
"I recognize that a majority of our fellow citizens are living paycheck to paycheck. Soaring inflation, and rising food and gasoline prices are causing pain on household budgets throughout Illinois and the country," Wilson said in a statement.
"Saudi Arabia’s announcement that they will cut oil production by one million barrels a day next month will cause higher prices and more pain at the pump."
A full list of participating gas stations and grocery stores can be found below:
Gas Stations (Start time: 7 AM)
- Citgo, 7601 S. Jeffrey Blvd.
- BP, 7850 S. King Drive
- Clark, 1400 E. 87th Street
- Mobil, 850 E. 63rd Street
- Amoco, 4402 W. Roosevelt Road
- BP, 342 E. 35th Street
- Mobil, 1201 W. 87th Street
- Shell, 8649 S. Ashland Ave.
- Super Save, 11100 S. State Street
- Super Save, 48 E. Garfield Blvd.
- Marathon, 340 S. Sacramento Blvd.
- Citgo, 1745 W. Foster Ave.
- BP, 3803 W. Roosevelt Road
- Pete’s Produce - 1411 W. 87th Street, Chicago, IL (Start time: 8 AM)
- Pete’s Produce - 1543 E. 87th Street, Chicago, IL (Start time: 8 AM)
- Shop & Save - 6312 N. Nagle Avenue, Chicago, IL (Start time: Noon)
Wilson says the free giveaway will operate on a first come, first served basis.
Wilson will hold a news conference at noon, at the Shop & Save Market located at 6312 N. Nagle Avenue in the city's Norwood Park neighborhood to discuss the "ongoing challenges citizens face from high food and gas prices."
Wilson – a humanitarian and philanthropist – has held these free giveaways numerous times in the past.