Chef Julius joined us on FOX 32 News at Noon to show us one of his favorite recipes.
Your New Favorite Chicken Pot Pie
- 4-6 Boneless Chicken Thighs (skin removed and set aside)
- 4TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3TB ranch seasoning
- 1 cup Goode Foods Garbanzo Beans
- 2 carrots (peeled and small diced)
- 2TB Unsalted Butter
- 3 Shallots (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup white wine
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup sweet bell peppers (diced)
- 2tsp Chef Julius' Creole Dust
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 oz fresh Peas
- 3 ears of corn (Shave the kernels off the cob)
- 2 packages of refrigerated pie dough and puff pastry or refrigerated biscuit dough
- Chef Julius' Salt
- Chef Julius' Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Place a sauté pan on medium heat for 2 minutes and add the 2TB of olive oil
- Season chicken thighs with ranch seasoning and place into hot pan and sauté for 5 minutes on one side
- (if it starts to cook too fast lower the heat)
- After 5 minutes on one side, turn over and 1 cup chicken stock and place in the oven for 20 minutes
- Add the remaining olive oil to a 3qt – 6qt pot and start the sauté with shallots.
- Cook the shallots for 3-5 minutes…then add the carrots, peppers and corn. Sauté this mixture for 5-7 minutes.
- Season the mix with salt, pepper, thyme and Creole Dust. Add the Garbanzo Beans and flour
- Add wine and cook down for 5 minutes. Next add 1 cup chicken stock and using a whisk add the heavy cream
- TASTE!!!! AND ADJUST THE SEASONING
- Remove the chicken from the oven, shred the meat and add it to the mixture. Next add the peas and the milk.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning…allow mixture to cool. Prepare the dough
Dough and Assembly
- Spray your cooking tin, baking dish or glass pyrex with a small amount of cooking spray.
- Cut the necessary piece of dough to line your dish
- Add the mixture and top it with puff pastry or a rolled biscuit
- Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes (longer for a crispier crust)