WOODSTOCK (Sun-Times Media Wire) - A northwest suburban man already on the state’s sex offender list for exposing himself to minor girls has been charged with doing so again last month in Woodstock.
On May 25, police took a report of a man who “exposed his genitals to two female minors… riding their bicycles in the roadway,” a statement from Woodstock police said.
The victims told police the incidents happened on two separate occasions May 14 in the 600 block of Oak Street, according to police.
Police interviewed the girls, who identified the man as 30-year-old Steven B. Degutis of Woodstock, who lives on the block where the incidents allegedly occurred, police said.
After discussing the incident with the McHenry County state’s attorney’s office, police obtained an arrest warrant for Degutis charging two felony counts of sexual exploitation of a child, police said.
Degutis, a registered child sexual offender, turned himself in at the Woodstock Police Department on May 31. He was ordered held on a $20,000 bond, and was released after posting $2,000 bail, police said.
He was listed in the Illinois Sex Offender Registry after being convicted of sexual exploitation of a minor, also for “exposing organs,” according to the registry. He was 26 at the time of his arrest in that McHenry County case. The victim was 15.
He is next scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday in Woodstock.