CHICAGO (AP) — Kris Bryant hasn't played a single game in the postseason but already he's a winner.
In a news release, Major League Baseball says that more Majestic jerseys bearing the Chicago Cubs star rookie's name have been sold from the league's online shop than any other player.
Major League Baseball says the 23-year-old is the youngest player and the first rookie to ever top the list in the five years the rankings have been released.
Bryant his debut April 17 and hit .275 with 26 homers and 99 RBIs for the Cubs, who play at Pittsbugh on Wednesday night in the NL wild-card game.
The Cubs and the Giants are the only teams with more than two players on the list.
San Francisco Giants ace Madison Bumgarner was second on the list announced Monday, followed by Giants catcher Buster Posey, Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw and Los Angeles Angels outfielder Mike Trout.
Washington outfielder Bryce Harper was sixth, followed by Giants outfielder Hunter Pence, Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo, New York Mets pitcher Matt Harvey and Pittsburgh outfielder Andrew McCutchen.
Figures are based on sales since opening day.
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter topped the list last year in his final season before retiring.
Here are the Top 20 best selling MLB jerseys:
- Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
- Madison Bumgarner, San Francisco Giants
- Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
- Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
- Hunter Pence, San Francisco Giants
- Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
- Matt Harvey, New York Mets
- Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
- David Wright, New York Mets
- Josh Donaldson, Toronto Blue Jays
- Todd Frazier, Cincinnati Reds
- David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox
- Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
- Carlos Correa, Houston Astros
- Jacob deGrom, New York Mets
- Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
- Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
- Albert Pujols, Los Angeles Angels