CHICAGO - Two people were killed and seven others wounded in shootings in Chicago Tuesday, according to Chicago police.
About 7:40 p.m., a person was walking in the 3400 block of West 18th Street when several people got out of a car and began shooting, Chicago police said. He was struck in the head and chest and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
About an hour earlier, a 29-year-old man was fatally shot in West Rogers Park on the North Side. He was sitting in the passenger seat of a parked car in the 6000 block of North California Avenue, when someone walked up and fired shots, police said. He was struck in the neck and taken to Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston where he was pronounced dead.
- A man was wounded in a drive-by in Logan Square. The 20-year-old was walking about 10:45 p.m. in the 2100 block of North Drake Street when someone in a passing gray SUV fired shots, police said. The man was struck in the lower back, hip and hand, police said. He was transported to Stroger Hospital in serious condition, according to police.
- A man was shot in West Garfield Park on the West Side. The 25-year-old was walking in the 4000 block of West Wilcox Street about 9:30 p.m. when someone shot him in the head and hip, police said. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in fair condition, police said.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in Lawndale on the West Side. The shooting happened about 6:45 p.m. in the 2800 block of West Flournoy Street, police said. The man walked into Stroger Hospital with gunshot wounds to the shoulder and back, police said. His condition was stabilized, according to police.
- A 29-year-old man was critically wounded in Chatham on the South Side. About 5:15 p.m., he was riding in a car in the 8700 block of South State Street when he was shot in the neck. He was brought to the University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition.
- Chicago police officers arrested a gunman after seeing him standing over a shooting victim in Austin on the West Side. The gunman had shot the 30-year-old man at 9:40 a.m. in the 900 block of North Lawler Avenue, police said. Officers had been called over by a witness and found the victim lying in the middle of the street gasping for air. An officer applied pressure to the wound and called for an ambulance. The man was shot in his lower abdomen and lower back and was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition. The suspect gunman was arrested nearby.
- A 59-year-old man was wounded in a drive-by in Roseland on the Far South Side. About 2:15 a.m., he was standing in the 10700 block of South Edbrooke Avenue when someone in a passing gray sedan fired shots, police said. He was struck in the hand and brought to Roseland Hospital in fair condition.
- Minutes earlier, a 22-year-old man was shot in Kenwood on the South Side. About 1:50 a.m., he arrived at the University of Chicago Medical Center with gunshot wounds to his lower backside and leg, police said. He told officers he was in the 4600 block of South Ellis Avenue, when he was shot. police.
One person was killed, four others wounded, Monday citywide.