FOX NEWS/FOX 32 - The reward for information leading to the arrest of a gunman wanted for two "execution-style" shootings that have left a Chicago neighborhood shaken has now swelled to $20,000.
ATF's Chicago Field Division announced this weekend that they have added $5,000 to a reward fund already containing more than $15,000 from the Jewish Federation of Metro Chicago, community activist Raul Montes Jr. and Cook County Crime Stoppers.
The agency once again posted on their Twitter feed surveillance video of the suspected masked gunman in Rogers Park, who is wanted in the killings of 73-year-old Douglass Watts and 24-year-old Eliyahu Moscowitz. Both men were reported by police to have been shot in the head.
"Both shootings came from the same gun and likely the same suspect," Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said at a press conference last week. "The shell casings found at both crime scenes were found to be a match."
Watts was shot and killed September 30 around 10 a.m. while walking his dogs. Police said a gunman dressed in all black and wearing a ski mask approached the 73-year-old and shot him in the head before fleeing.
About 36 hours after Watts was gunned down, police said Moscowitz was shot and killed a half mile away on a lakefront path at Loyola Park.