CHICAGO - Police are warning residents of a string of recent burglaries reported in Ashburn on the Southwest Side.
In each incident, someone breaks into either a home or garage and takes belongings from inside, Chicago police said.
The burglaries happened:
- About 6 a.m. July 21 in the 3800 block of West 79th Place;
- About 2:30 a.m. July 22 in the 8600 block of South Keeler Avenue;
- About 12:30 a.m. July 26 in the 3700 block of West 81st Place;
- About 10 a.m. July 26 in the 4700 block of West 84th Place;
- About 10 p.m. July 27 in the 8500 block of South Karlov Avenue;
- About 8:30 a.m. July 31 in the 8300 block of Sout Kostner Avenue; and
- About 5:30 a.m. August 1 in the 8600 block of South Kolin Avenue.
The burglar was described as a male between 5-foot-7 and 5-foot-9 and 120 to 140 pounds with ponytail style hair, according to police.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area One detectives at 312-747-8380.