CHICAGO - Two girls are accused of stealing thousands of dollars worth of items from retail stores around Chicago.
A 12-year-old girl is charged with eight counts of retail theft of merchandise over $300 and four misdemeanor counts of retail theft of merchandise under $300.
A 17-year-old girl is charged with seven felony counts of retail theft of merchandise over $300, one felony count of robbery and four misdemeanor counts of retail theft of merchandise under $300.
The two girls are accused of entering multiple retail stores and taking thousands of dollars worth of merchandise at the following locations:
- 4400 block of North Broadway on Feb. 5, 7 and 8
- 3200 block of North Clark on Nov. 15 and Jan. 10 and 23
- 600 block of North LaSalle on Jan. 26 and Feb. 2
- 500 block of West Webster on Jan. 26
- 3300 block of North Ashland on Jan. 24.
- 1600 block of West Division on Jan. 10
The 12-year-old is also charged in connection to a theft at a business in the 1100 block of West Jackson on Jan. 21, and the 17-year-old is also charged in connection to a robbery that occurred in the 1600 block of West Division on Jan. 18.
The offenders were placed in custody on Thursday and charged accordingly.