CHICAGO - The city of Chicago has cited five businesses for failing to enforce the city's COVID-19 indoor mask mandate.
Investigators from the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) conducted 87 investigations last week to see if people were wearing masks and whether there were signs posted about the requirement.
From Oct. 7 through Oct. 10, the following businesses were each issued two citations for violating both requirements of the mandate, which went into effect on Aug. 20:
- Aqua Wine & Spirits, 503 N. LaSalle Dr., River North;
- Terrance Davis, 4401 W. Madison St., West Garfield Park;
- Lite, 215 W. Ontario St., River North;
- Liqr Box, 873 N. Orleans St., Near North, and;
- Subway, 7918 S. Western Ave., Wrightwood.
According to the mandate, businesses must require any individual ages 2 and older to wear a mask inside any public place, regardless of vaccination status. Businesses must also post signage about the requirement in their establishment.