Chef Gerald Smith of Tall Boy Taco joined us on Good Day Chicago to show us some of his favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes!
Lemon Mustard Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons lemon
- 1½ tablespoons mustard
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- Place all items in a medium bowl and combine with whisk. Set aside.
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup julienned jicama
- ½ cup dressing
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place cabbage, carrot and jicama in a medium bowl. Mix with dressing, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Roasted Corn Salsa
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 cup diced tomato
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapenos
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Place corn on a grill or under a broiler, rotate until evenly charred, about 3 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. When cool, cut the kernels off the cobb into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and season with salt to taste.
Grilled Atlantic Salmon
- 10 2-ounce portions of Atlantic salmon
- Season salmon with salt and pepper, place on grill or in a lightly oiled pan and cook for 2 minutes. Flip salmon over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place tortilla on grill or pan quickly to warm.
- To assemble, place salmon on tortilla, top with slaw and salsa, and serve with a lime wedge.