Restaurant forced to close after employees caught putting laxative on pizza

Photo by Shannon O'Hara/Getty Images

A Texas restaurant was shut down temporarily after it was discovered that employees put laxative on a pizza that was served to another employee.

Mr. Jim’s Pizza in Springtown was forced to close during an inspection by health inspectors after an employee reportedly bragged on social media about putting Miralax on another employee’s pizza without that employee’s knowledge.

According to police, three employees put the laxative on at least one pizza that another employee ate, causing that employee to get sick, CBSDFW reported. The incident took place around 8 p.m. Friday.

Get updates on this story from