Thieves snatch phones from CTA riders in Loop, Near North Side: police
CHICAGO - Police are warning residents of thieves targeting CTA passengers in the Loop and Near North Side.
In each case, the suspects approached someone on a train and took their cellphone by force, according to a community alert from Chicago police.
The thefts happened:
- In the morning hours Dec. 18, 2019, in the 1600 block of North Clybourn Avenue;
- In the evening hours Dec. 18, 2019, in the 700 block of North Franklin Street;
- In the evening hours Dec. 31, 2019, in the 500 block of North State Street;
- In the afternoon hours Jan. 4 in the 800 block of North State Street; and
- In the evening hours Jan. 11 in the 800 block of North State Street.
The suspects were described as two males between the ages of 17 and 20, standing 5-foot-6 to 6 feet tall and weighing 140-170 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area Central detectives at 312-747-8380.